Tide & Vine Oyster Company is growing! With many new & exciting opportunities, we are looking for dynamic, talented people that are interested in being part of our expanding team. Tide & Vine Oyster Company offers unique food and beverage experiences, delivered with authenticity. While experience is always an asset, we are looking for people that are motivated and have a passion for hospitality.
A successful candidate for Tide & Vine's Catering Event Coordinator must be a highly professional, organized, and customer service driven individual. Responsible for the coordination & execution of Tide & Vine catered events an ideal Event Coordinator would be self motivated and enthusiastic to deliver exceptional hospitality to Tide & Vine's catering clientele.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Is responsible for effectively managing catering & events from the planning stages through to completion
- Available evenings and weekends to coordinate & manage offsite events as needed
- Works to create a rapport with event clientele and maintain partnerships with industry vendors
- Is responsible for completing weekly administrative tasks that include but are not limited to: creating & updating BEO's, coordinating scheduling needs with service & kitchen teams, managing event gear room, coordinating all rental requirements with appropriate vendors, etc
- Works closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager to plan & coordinate Tide & Vine hosted events
- Understanding of a variety of catering service styles and how to execute them effectively
- Proven experience as event supervisor or manager
- Strong communicator, both verbal & written
- Must have strong leadership and decision-making skills with the ability to take all aspects of the business and client needs into account
- Ability to work well in high-pressure situations
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel), Google Docs & Google Calendar Management
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to manage customer expectations throughout the planning process through to event implementation
- Must have a valid Ontario driver's license & have reliable transportation
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement within Tide & Vine Oyster Co.
- Cell Phone Allowance
Salary: $30,000-$40,000 annually